Protection in Practice
The Protection in Practice project is supporting a dynamic body of national NGOs to be confident in mainstreaming protection, and a smaller group of NGOs to run effective protection activities/projects and actively and vocally take part in Clusters. This project seeks to support a positive shift in relationships between international and national partners through partnership and protection work. The project is designed to work towards strengthened practices by national humanitarian organisations in responding to protection needs of crisis-affected people.
This project seeks to:
- Increase knowledge and understanding of targeted national humanitarian organisations to mainstream protection in responding to crises
- Increase knowledge and understanding of targeting national humanitarian organisations to implement protection activities and coordinate effectively with other protection actors
- Build an effective evidence base of what works and share this with the projects and initiatives.
Cat Dennis Protection In Practice Project Manager: [email protected]
Rachel Hastie Protection Advisor: [email protected]
- Oxfam, leading a consortium including World Vision and the International Rescue Committee
- DRC, Kenya, Lebanon, Myanmar, South Sudan